- Butternut squash (COURGE)
- 1 lb ground beef (turkey or chicken would work as well)
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dried herb mix (thyme, rosemary, oregano)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2-3 Cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook ground meat in saucepan over medium heat with onion until meat is cooked through and onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes, basil, herbs, olive oil, garlic, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Peel the butternut squash and into manageable pieces. At this point, you can slice the squash thinly with a knife, or you can thinly slice it with a mandoline, or the proper part of a box grater (shown below). I used my box grater to slice it. This gave me a very thinly sliced squash, similar to noodles, however it takes longer, so slicing with a knife should work as well.
- Place a little of the tomato sauce mixture in bottom of 8 x 8 pan. Place a layer of squash on top and keep proceeding layer by layer until you run out of the sauce mixture. Top with the rest of the butternut squash and bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, cover with foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Lasagna before baking: